Friday, August 29, 2008

If the Suit Fits, Wear It



Yes, it's been a while (thanks, Bill, for pointing that out), but I was so moved by Obama's speech last night that I have to post. As an observer of things, I listened to his words, yes, but was more moved by the images I consumed. The stadium was vibrating right through my TV screen. I felt as though he were with me in my home, talking directly to me. Actually, kind of similar to when Princess Leia popped out of R2D2 looking for help. He was talking about us. He was talking about us. He was talking about us. How long has it been since a leader looked in our eyes and said "You can change the world." His eyes were shining -- did you see? Shining like some crazy beautiful Greek God, or as my friend Sue exclaimed last night -- the second coming of the Messiah. More importantly (read with great sarcasm), for the first time in the entire election, his suit fit! Halleluia to his dresser and the custom-made Hart Schaffner Marx suit. Finally. This man looks and feels like a President.

1 comment:

WILLIAM said...

I think Barack would look cute with his hair tied into big buns on the side of his head.

Search This Blog

Loading...